Tuesday, September 2, 2014

PAX Prime 2014!

(I should have made this post several weeks ago. So despite it being 9/18, I'm going to set the date to 9/2.)

I was lucky enough to be in Seattle when PAX Prime was taking place. I'm not much of a video gamer but it was still fun to see all the upcoming games.

I played a lot of Tetris Attack (and later versions) that weekend. Like in the picture below!

The level is set to 10 (you might be able to see if you look close enough), so after I took this picture, I immediately lost!
The picture is from a room where you can borrow games and play them on the various consoles they have! As we were returning our game, we saw two other people playing Tetris Attack at another station. We naturally paused to watch them play. The player on the left had some garbage blocks.

Player on left: *raises his tower of blocks*
Andrew: "Ohh look! He's setting for something!"
Me: *agrees with Andrew and expects that player to clear the garbage blocks and start some long chain*
Player on the left: *immediately loses*

I bursted out laughing. Luckily the sounds from all the video games from all the stations made it so the player couldn't hear me (I hope?).

No comments:

Post a Comment