Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hello from Chicago!

I don't want to think about it too much, but yikes, I have become a graduate student! I arrived in Chicago last Saturday (9/13) but the dorm I'm living in isn't available until next Sunday, so I'm staying with Minh-Tam for now.

Minh-Tam's wifi has not been set up yet (because Comcast never showed up to set it up...), so I'm currently writing this in the hallway of his apartment, sitting where I have wifi signal from another friend who lives in the same building. I probably look really strange doing this. I don't think I should sit here too long, so for now, here's a picture of Chicago that I took when I arrived.

"Miller's Pub" in the Chicago Midway airport.
There's actually a story behind this picture: when I visited Chicago back in March, I flew in with 5 other friends. Several of us knew Professor Miller from the SMALL REU so one person suggested taking a picture of this restaurant to send to the professor. I was tired from the flight so I said I would remember to get a picture when we were leaving Chicago.

Three days later, our visit to Chicago was over. As I was heading to the airport in the morning, I accidentally left my camera in the taxi, so I didn't get to take this picture back in March. That's why I took this picture now -- better late than never! (The way I got my camera back is a pretty amusing story too, maybe for another time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment