Saturday, June 7, 2014

Two graduations in one week

I graduated from Princeton on Tuesday. Making it through the commencement ceremony was probably the hardest thing I had to do to get my diploma. We sat in the hot hot sun for hours while important people talked (either in English or in Latin). I solved my 8x8 once but then the puzzle got too hot (!) so I put it away.

It was super sunny! Luckily I had my hat.
After surviving that morning, Princeton kicked us out so I went to visit some friends in Boston. On Thursday, I attended the number theory conference at BU in honor of Glenn Stevens's 60th birthday. (Prof. Stevens founded PROMYS.)

Conference banquet!
Also on Thursday, I sent an email to some friends in Boston asking if they were free on Friday. One of the conversations went like this.

Me: I'm in Boston! Are you free on Friday?
Rachel: ... Friday is our graduation!
Me: !!

Congratulations!
Also, Jennifer and I made scallion pancakes! We need to figure out how to make them layered though...

Scallion pancake!

No comments:

Post a Comment